This event features Indigenous women leaders and non-Native feminist activists highlighting the story of how the Haudenosaunee Confederacy served as the inspiration for early feminists. Speakers include the influential feminist author and activist Gloria Steinem. A fundraiser for the American Indian Law Alliance and the Matilda Joslyn Gage Foundation, the event launches the Gage Foundation’s “Matilda Effect Project”, writing women who have worked for peace and social justice back into history.
- Gloria Steinem, writer, lecturer, political activist, and feminist organizer.
- Dr. Sally Roesch Wagner, Executive Director of the Matilda Joslyn Gage Foundation.
- Jeanne Shenandoah, Onondaga Nation Eel Clan Traditional Medicine Keeper.
- Gaeñ hia uh/Betty Lyons, Onondaga Nation, Snipe Clan, Executive Director of the American Indian Law Alliance.
- Date: March 9th, 2020
- Time: VIP: 6:00-6:45PM || Event: 7:00-9:00PM
- Place: Ethical NYC, 2 West 64th Street New York, NY 10023